November 13, 2019 Wednesday
Temple University Main Campus
The MBA Commons, 7th floor, Alter Hall 1801 Liacouras Walk
Philadelphia, PA 19122
- 5:30 Pre-Dinner: Trending Topics in Supply Chain Academia
- 6:15 Dinner: Vetting Your Supply Chain: Vendor Due Diligence for CyberSecurity and Data Privacy
- One of the most important considerations in cybersecurity does not involve your own direct network security; it involves your partners and vendors. In the world of cybersecurity, you are only as strong as the weakest link in your vendor chain. The ease, convenience and cost effectiveness of outsourcing certain business functions frequently overshadows the potential pitfalls lurking in using outside third-parties and vendors. This presentation will discuss the steps your organization needs to take to ensure that any partners or vendors with access to your network systems or company data are meeting (at least) a minimum level of security and privacy requirements.
Participants who attend both meetings will receive (2) hours of continuing education. They may be applied toward ISM CPSM recertification, CPSD recertification, C.P.M. recertification, and/or A.P.P. reaccreditation program requirements.
Dinner Meeting Speaker: Ms. Rebecca Rakoski, Esq., Co-Founder/Managing Partner, XPAN Law Group
Rebecca L. Rakoski the co-founder and managing partner at XPAN Law Group, a certified Women’s Business Enterprise (“WBE”) and Women Owned Small Business (“WOSB”). XPAN is a boutique law firm focusing exclusively on all aspects of the law that involve the transfer and sharing of data including, electronic discovery, cybersecurity and data privacy. Rebecca uniquely understands how technology intersects with the legal requirements, obligations and liabilities related to data transfer. In addition, Rebecca understands cross border data transfer issues related to international data privacy regulations in the European Union, Asia, South America and Australia. Rebecca is able to navigate the complexities of different state and federal regulations that affect the transfer, storage and collection of data. Rebecca has served on the New Jersey State Bar Association's Complex Business Litigation Committee that drafted and revised the Court Rules involving electronic discovery in complex litigation matters. Rebecca also serves on the Board of Governors for Temple University Health Systems and is an adjunct professor at Drexel’s Kline School of Law.
Attached is a map to help visitors with directions.
Septa Regional Rail - Temple University stop (Location 58 on map). Walk West on Berks street, then South on Liacouras Walk. Alter Hall will be on your left hand side.
Septa Broad Street Line - Cecil B Moore Ave/Temple University stop (Location 21a/b on map). Walk East on Cecil B Moore, then North on Liacouras Walk. Alter Hall will be on your right hand side.
Montgomery Parking Garage - 11th and Montgomery Ave. Rate - $4 per hour.
Liacouras Parking Garage - 15th and Cecil B Moore Ave. Rate - $20 per entry. *Note- for certain Temple events there will be a rate of $25 per entry.
Tuttleman Parking Lot - 12th and Montgomery Ave. Rate - $6/hour.
The public parking closest to Alter Hall is the Tuttleman Parking Lot. The address for the Tuttleman Parking Lot is 1205 W Montgomery Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19122 (Located to the right of #60 on the map). You will then proceed to Alter Hall (Location 5 on map).
The following are the kiosk instructions for Tuttleman Parking Lot:
- Press Ok to activate Kiosk.
- Enter Space Number, then press OK
- Select Option #1: Purchase Parking ($6/hour)
- Select parking time
- Take receipt and display on driver’s side dash board